Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Disney Day 3 (Monday)

The forecast for today wasn't looking too good - it was supposed to rain. We headed out to Epcot though and wanted to get in as much as possible before the rain started.

Our first ride was Mission to Mars. I was going to take the girls and Paul was going to stay with Joey. The ride was really neat, but I think I had my first panic attack ever on this ride. They kept giving us warnings for people who don't like dark and enclosed places. Aside from them wishing they'd stop saying it so Alli wouldn't get scared, I didn't give it much thought. Then it was our turn to get in and the girls and I were in our own little capsule and they shut the doors and we had to bring this retraint down over our heads and it fit against our chest. Well, all of a sudden I freaked. I seriously thought I was going to lose it. I was looking for a panic button or something to get the doors to open up. Unfortunately, there wasn't one. I think it started because I was nervous about getting to Alli if she was scared - you really couldn't move in this ride. Thankfully though, once the ride started, we were looking up into a blue sky and it made it seem more open (at least in my mind) and I started to breathe easier and in the end, we all really enjoyed it.


After, Paul and Em went on the Test Track - it was supposed to simulate the safety tests they put cars through. While they were on that, Alli, Joey and I roamed around Innoventions. Here they are racing to put together a storm safety kit.

Paul and Em loved the test track ride so much, Paul got me a fast pass so I could go too. It was fun!



Soon after this, the showers started, so we thought we'd grab some lunch. We rode the boat over to the World Showcase and ate in the American section (we're real adventurers when it comes to food, aren't we). The rain was pretty heavy so we kept trying to find things indoors, so we road the boat back and then decided to take the monorail to Magic Kingdom. We are really getting use out of our park hopper tickets lol.

We wanted to get to Magic Kingdom for their afternoon parade (unfortunately, we missed the Superbowl parade). We made it, thanks to a rain delay, but they didn't have the full fledged parade, they did a rainy day one.









Here are the girls and I in our rain ponchos.


After the parade, we had our first character dinner. It was dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table, right in the castle. We first got to me Cinderella and get her autograph and pictures with her, then we went upstairs for a delicious dinner. Paul and I had prime rib - yum! During dinner, the Fairy Godmother and mice came up for some singing and pictures. I don't have a picture of us with Cinderella since this was part of the package - they took pictures and then printed out some 8x10s and 4x6s for us to take home.




After dinner we ran over and met Ariel. Em says she's not into princesses anymore, but she was excited to see Ariel. Ariel has always been Em's favorite and Cinderella has always been Alli's favorite.

We wanted to hang out at the park for the SpectoMagic parade - which we were hoping would still take place - the rain was still hanging on. While waiting, we decided to do some shopping. We've discovered on this trip that Alli loves shopping. She could look around these shops forever. The girls picked out some Mickey (well, I guess Minnie) ears and Em got earrings and Alli got a necklace. For Joey, we found a little matchbox car that looked like nemo and a little Disney Transportation bus. Here are the girls modeling their new "ears".




And, finally, the rain stopped and the parade went on. It was so cool. They dim all the lights on main street and then all the floats and characters were lit up. Finally, Joey didn't cry!!! Yay!! I think this was our first day of not torturing him.






No comments: