Saturday, May 2, 2009

Emily's 1st Communion

Today, Emily made her 1st Communion. I can't believe she's old enough for this milestone in her life. Time is going by so fast. She looked so beautiful in her white dress and veil. She did a great job and even decided to take the wine at the last minute (and without any horrible faces). When we had practiced at her 1st communion retreat in February, she made horrible faces after trying the wine. So, I panicked a bit when she told me minutes before going up that she was going to try it, but she did great!




We had a party back at the house afterwards. Here's a picture of Emily with her godparents - Auntie Kris and Uncle Charlie.

And, here's her cake - when I saw this at Wegmans, I just had to order it. It totally reminded me of the 1st communion cake I had.

No comments: