Friday, March 21, 2008

Coloring Easter Eggs

I can't believe Easter is this Sunday already. I'm not sure I like it being SO early - with Emily's birthday just being a few days ago, I feel like I haven't had a chance to really 'get' into Easter yet, plus it's still freezing and there's still snow on the ground, so it doesn't feel very spring like either.

Anyway, we finally colored our Easter eggs tonight. Despite Joey's "distressed" look, he had fun watching the eggs change colors. He's just been in a "mood" since he woke up from his nap.






This year, I found a kit that had stencils in it. After you colored the egg, you placed a stencil over it and colored it in with markers. I figured the girls would love it since they love coloring. They really did a great job. Here is one of Alli's masterpieces:

After coloring the eggs, Joey just loved holding them - which of course made us nervous since lately he throws everything that even remotely resembles a ball. But, thankfully, all stayed in tact. Paul was trying to teach him a couple of colors - yellow and blue - and just when we thought he had them, he say the opposite. It was pretty funny.


And here are our works of art :) Em even made one to look like Myrtle Beach and one to look like outerspace, with the earth. Very creative and cool!

1 comment:

Me said...

Fun! I was looking at the picture of your boys.. is that snow?! LOL. I forgot that it's cold in most places. We had on short and tees.

Anyhows.. great family time! Cute eggs. Great story!