Sunday, January 18, 2009

Trying to Beat the Winter Blues

Ok, after this past week, I'm really getting tired of winter (and, I know, we still have a LONG way to go). We started to get those single digit temperatures with subzero windchills - I just hate that freezing cold - I can handle the 30s, even 20s, but that's about it.

Since the freezing temps were going to begin on Wednesday, I wanted to get outdoors with the kids while the weather was still decent. We built this snowman and we had fun making snow angels and then Alli and Joey bombarded me with a snowball fight. Of course, when we went in, we warmed up with a cup of hot chocolate.





Once the freezing temps started, I knew we'd be hibernating in the house for a few days. I wasn't exactly planning on starting potty training right now since we leave for Disney in a couple of weeks, but I walked by the bathroom and found Joey with his pants down trying to get himself on the potty. Well, I couldn't discourage him, so we broke open the big boy undies Santa brought and decided to give it a try. He has done amazingly well. We have had about one accident a day, but that's not too bad. He still seems reall into it, so hopefully he'll be potty trained soon. Here he is modeling his big boy undies.



Friday night, we decided to have a movie night. The kids brought their sleeping bags into the family room, I made some popcorn and we watched Wall-E. Paul didn't like it, but Em & Alli really did. What I saw of it (I ended up falling a sleep for part of it) I thought was ok.



Saturday Paul went to the Syracuse vs Notre Dame basketball game with my dad, brother inlaw Ryan, Uncle and cousin. Syracuse won (Paul was excited, but the rest weren't). And on Sunday, all the girls on Paul's side of the family went to paint some pottery at Mud About You. It was so much fun. I painted a birthday plate for us to use on our birthdays, Em painted a mug and Alli painted a little hugs & kisses box it was called. We spent most of the afternoon there and we can't wait to pick up our pieces next week to see how they turned out.




No comments: