Tuesday, September 2, 2008

End of Summer Pool Parties

To celebrate the last day of summer vacation and the beautiful weather we're having, the kids and I thought a couple of pool parties were in order. In the morning we had all of our friends from MOMS Club over - the big kids had a blast jumping in and playing around in the deep end and the smaller kids hung out in the shallow end. Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. I'm hoping to make this an annual tradition.

In the afternoon, we had some of the neighbors and their kids over for swimming. Emily is the oldest on the street, so the playing was much more calm this afternoon. Since our neighborhood is still pretty new, it was a nice way to get to know some of the girls a little better.

So, now the kids are all bathed and in bed and excited about their first day tomorrow. I've got to admit, I'm a little sad that summer is over, but I'm happy to see them so excited about getting back. I'm also a little nervous about having to get both girls ready by 7:30 am every morning to catch the bus. Wish me luck :)

No comments: