Monday, September 29, 2008

A little home decorating

We decided to do a little painting this weekend. We painted our dining room and living room. For the dining room, we painted the top 1/2 blue, Paul put up a chair rail and then the bottom is white. He's going to add those "boxes" made from wood molding in a couple of weeks.

For the living room, I have always wanted to do a dark red, but have been too chicken. Seriously, I have been debating about this for 6 years. Well, I finally decided to just go for it and I'm so happy we did - I LOVE it! I think it's my favorite room in the house now. I used to hate our couch and love seat (the whole room used to just be different versions of tan), but now the color gives them a whole new life - which Paul is happy about (so we don't have to spend money on new furniture).

Here are some pictures of our "new" rooms:







This is a collage of pictures I had done for a photography challenge on a scrapbook website I visit. I just thought it looked cool, so I thought I'd share.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love the red!!! Both rooms look great! It's amazing what a little color will do.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, your collage turned out great! I also like how your collage has a black rims around everything instead of just touching...I think it looks nicer that way.