Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fieldtrip to WROC channel 8

Ok, so I'll share a little secret about me (you may or may not already know) - I think of our local news people as celebreties and get excited when I see one of them around town. Paul totally makes fun of me for this, but thankfully I have my mom and my cousin Erin on my side.

So I was very excited (to put it mildly) when one of the mom's in my Daisy troop set up a tour of Channel 8 news for the troop. We were going to be able to watch the 6pm broadcast and meet Scott Hetsko the chief meteorologist.

Watching the broadcast was so interesting - it was amazing to see how many times they fix themselves up during commercial breaks. The girls, unfortunately, didn't find it as interesting. They had to sit still and quiet for over a half hour, which isn't easy for 5 and 6 year olds. They did a good job though. Scott mentioned us on air (except he called us brownies instead of daisys). Afterwards, we the girls got to go up on the set and get a picture with Scott, Maureen & Kevin.

No comments: