Thursday, October 9, 2008

Alli Celebrates at School

Alli's birthday is tomorrow, but out district is off for the Holiday weekend, so she celebrated with her class this morning. Our school doesn't do a party per se, but the birthday girl or boy gets a special crown and their parents come in if they're able and read a book to the class.

Paul, Joey and I went in and Alli wanted me to read the book we bought to donate to the class - It was a little Golden book - The Shy Little Kitten. I really enjoyed reading to the class until Alli's teacher said that the kids could ask me questions about the book............huh???? That totally took me by surprise and did I get some tough questions - why did the kitten jump in the lake, I thought kittens didn't like water? why did the puppy and the kitten get along? how could the kitten do a somersault? how did the squirrel see the puppy and dog running? Oh boy, I started sweatin' - I think I was only able to answer one of the questions confidently. At home, with the kids, when they start asking questions like this, I distract them with something else, try and get them off the subject, but that wasn't going to happen here. I managed and thankfully the questions finally stopped :)

Alli seemed to really enjoy her celebration at school. The class sang happy birthday to her too - without any cha cha cha's - per her request and she got to be the special helper and line leader all morning. She is SO excited about her birthday tomorrow.





No comments: